[TUHS] cut, paste, join, etc.

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Feb 17 13:29:35 AEST 2021

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but there is no login in SQLite: its
only access control is at the DB level, and that's Unix file permissions.

Carl Strozzi's NOSQL system (not to be confused with the concept of NoSQL
databases) is a relational database built using ordinary Unix utilities and
pipelines.  Each table is a TSV file with a header line whose fields are
the column names prefixed by ^A so that they always sort to the top.  It
also provides commands like "jointable", which is "join" wrapped in an awk
script that collects the column names from the tables and does a natural
join.

The package can be downloaded from <
http://www.strozzi.it/shared/nosql/nosql-4.1.11.tar.gz>.  The documentation
is shonky, but the code works nicely.