[TUHS] retro-fuse project

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Thu Feb 25 02:01:46 AEST 2021

Jay Logue via TUHS <tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org> wrote:

> ... The result is a project I call retro-fuse, which is now up on github
> for anyone to enjoy (https://github.com/jaylogue/retro-fuse).

Very cool!

> Currently, retro-fuse only works on linux. But once I get access to my
> mac again in a couple weeks, I'll port it to MacOS as well.  I also hope
> to expand it to support other filesystems as well, such as v7 or the
> early BSDs, but we'll see when that happens.

I note that Linux already has the 'sysv' kernel module which supports
System V short-filename file systems.  Enhancing that for V7 and early
BSD may be a faster route to having such file system images be mountable.
(But perhaps less fun than a FUSE filesystem that uses original Unix code.)

An enhanced version of the sysv kernel module that supports filesystems
from the AT&T Unix PC / 3B1 is available at

	https://github.com/dgesswein/s4-3b1-pc7300.

Arnold