[TUHS] /usr separation

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Thu Feb 25 13:38:13 AEST 2021

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:48:28AM -0700, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> I've not looked at Chrome OS or how it does things because of my dislike for
> actually /using/ it.  However, it sounds like it's worth popping the hood
> and looking at things.

If you don't like using Chromebooks, the same scheme is used for
Google's Container Optimized OS (intended for use in cloud VM's
running docker images):

    Container-Optimized OS is an operating system image for your
    Compute Engine VMs that is optimized for running Docker
    containers. With Container-Optimized OS, you can bring up your
    Docker containers on Google Cloud Platform quickly, efficiently,
    and securely. Container-Optimized OS is maintained by Google and
    is based on the open source Chromium OS project.

    https://cloud.google.com/container-optimized-os/docs

Cheers,

						- Ted