[TUHS] The 2038 bug...

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Jan 7 07:09:00 AEST 2021

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Dario Niedermann wrote:

> On recent Linux/i386 kernels it's actually 64 bits. In practice, only
> users who are stuck with old i386 Linux versions will have a problem.

64 bits on my old-ish MacBook Pro and FreeBSD 10; don't know about
Penguin/OS as one of them is dead forever and the other is still in
mid-upgrade (Debian).

I still reckon that 2038 will be "interesting", and who knows what epoch
your smart kettle etc will be using (you know, the one that will switch
itself on at your usual wake-up time, and make your coffee for you)?

-- Dave