[TUHS] Bearded Fellow, Ken Thompson

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Tue Jan 19 18:07:16 AEST 2021

Steve Nickolas <usotsuki at buric.co> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2021, John Cowan wrote:
>
> > (When I met my future wife I was 21, and she wanted me to grow a beard, so
> > I did.  Since then I have occasionally asked cow orkers who have complained
> > about shaving why *they* don't grow beards: the most common answer is "My
> > wife doesn't want me to."  *My* wife doesn't believe this story.)
>
> I actually had to shave for a while specifically because of my
> then-girlfriend, so... ;p I can see that.
>
> -uso.

Since we've wondered off-topic...

There are two periods of time in the spring and late summer when many
Orthodox Jews don't shave (5 and 3 weeks long, respectively). The deal
I reached with my wife is that I have a beard from the start of the
first one to the end of the second one.  It's worked now for just over
30 years... :-)

Arnold