[TUHS] tangential unix question: whatever happened to NeWS?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Jan 25 06:54:51 AEST 2021

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 08:39:13PM +0000, Ronald Natalie wrote:
> to do Java which got around the simple fact that as far as a programming
> language for human programmers, PostScript is absolutely abysmal.

Abysmal?  Perhaps a bit harsh.  The Sun logo was hand written
postscript and I did the first SPARC Cluster and made a logo that was
4 interconnected Sun logos in the same shape, I can probably dig it up.

I think it was more weird, reminded me of Forth (also weird).  But you
could make stuff work in it.