[TUHS] tangential unix question: whatever happened to NeWS?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Mon Jan 25 10:41:26 AEST 2021

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 05:36:59PM -0700, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> On 1/24/21 5:18 PM, Larry McVoy wrote:
> >Pretty simple:
>
> Thank you Larry.
>
> I put that into a sun-sun-sun-sun.ps file and opened it with gv /
> Ghostscript perfectly fine.
>
> Very nice!  I like it.
>
> Do you mind if I share this with some friends, obviously giving you credit.

It was part of sunbox which became SPARCluster I so I'm sure it is public.
I'll take credit, it was my design and implementation.  It's not much but
I look at that file and kind glaze over, I'd have to go get a Postscript
cheat sheet to tell you how it works.

A rambling way of saying "go for it" :-)