[TUHS] First machine to run rogue?

Brad Spencer brad at anduin.eldar.org
Sat Jul 3 01:24:21 AEST 2021

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 8:15 AM Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It is; it looks like it was first distributed with 4.3BSD-Tahoe. The
>> sources there are listed as "public domain rogue", but I'm not sure about
>> the provenance of that code.
>>
> That sounds right, you should ask Ken Arnold offline, I bet he had a better
> idea.  He would have made them available to Keith.

I don't know what it was exactly, but in the mid 1980s a version of
rogue existed for OS-9 Level 2 on the 6809 and I ran it on a Radio Shack
Color Computer.  By the later part of that decade, I had access to a
PDP11 running 2.something BSD and played rogue there too.  The Color
Computer version was either a good clone, or someone had access to the
source code.

This -> http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/rogue.html looks like it..
Says 1986 by Epyx

--