[TUHS] [tuhs] The Unix shell: a 50-year view

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Sun Jul 4 04:10:24 AEST 2021

On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 11:57:44AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> You mean System V's sar program? BSD has never had a sar program.
> It's not in any of the CSRG releases, nor in any of {Free,Net,Open}BSD
> systems that are around today.

Ah, I got confused because a web search turned up:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=sar&sektion=1M&apropos=0&manpath=SunOS+5.8

.... and I got mislead because FreeBSD hosts Solaris man pages.

Although it appears more recently FreeBSD has "bsdsar" in its Ports.

My larger point remains, though; is System V considered "Unix" by Dan
Cross's definition?   :-)

	    	    	 	  	      	       - Ted