[TUHS] Is C obsolete? (was Re: [tuhs] The Unix shell: a 50-year view)

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 10:15:42 AEST 2021

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 4:52 PM Nemo Nusquam <cym224 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2021-07-04 19:24, Derek Fawcus wrote (in part):
> > So in thinking of how to solve certain problems, I'd split a subset of
> > the problem
> > in to something in C, and the rest in to another language - probably
> > Go. That may simply reflect the nature of the problems I tackle, I can
> > imagine that others might not merit any use of C.
> This would be very much domain specific.  I work with embedded systems,
> where one's choice of language is limited.

Have you looked at Micropython?  It's written in C, and targets embedded
applications.
https://micropython.org/

I recently compared its threading to a couple of other implementations of
Python, and found that Micropython was the best of those compared.
https://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/python-thread-comparison/