[TUHS] Is C obsolete? (was Re: [tuhs] The Unix shell: a 50-year view)

Thomas Paulsen thomas.paulsen at firemail.de
Mon Jul 5 22:11:37 AEST 2021

> So why invent a new syntax and invalidate all of that knowledge that everyone has?
I subscribe 100% to your statement!

Well I think it's enough to add new concepts like modules/packages/classes to C, and a jdk a-like all purposes library, as libc isn't enough for the 21ths century.

I still love C because I'm able of writing small and very fast programs. go is cool to, but a memory hunk compared to C. The rust hype is declining since 2 years and java is the new cobol, ie. it's good for business oriented applications, whereas C and go are (beside ASM) the only choices for system oriented people. Has C a future? Yes, it already has just begun.