[TUHS] Overgrown ffox (was: The Unix shell: a 50-year view)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Jul 9 06:40:01 AEST 2021

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20210708192538.jpOvc%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |  steffen   1458 31.2  3.7 3029004 299700 ?      Sl   21:03   0:04 \
 |  firefox --no-remote
 |Yeah i use --no-remote because otherwise firefox will find its
 |other-box instances via X cookies (i do not have Wayland here).
 |I deem it a critical error that firefox then starts up even though
 |the ~/.mozilla/XXX profile is a totally different one, but on the
 |IRC we just ended like this.

Not to mention that firefox-bin 89.0.1 as compiled mozilla.com
themselves no longer does that right, it will exit the other
instance in another box with another profile directory even if
both instances start with --no-remote.

Heck, software is a complicated beast.
Has to be said, humans produce so many bugs, i am happy that it is
software that controls american warships, nuclear power plants,
the chemical industry, and so many other important things!

--steffen