[TUHS] The Unix shell: a 50-year view

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 23:54:28 AEST 2021

I'm going to come right out ahead of any path to the contrary and say that
I'm in favor of the lockdowns that were enacted in the US.  I very plainly
do not trust the population here to make reasonable decisions, even in the
face of clearly presented evidence to the contrary.  Furthermore, I have
not seen any evidence that US lawmakers acted according to any model
whatsoever.

The evidence being what it is, I applaud UK lawmakers for acting as they
did, and our hindsight evidence can only support increased funding for
statistical modeling.  It wasn't a widely regarded field before this and I
can only hope that its support improves after this.

-Henry