[TUHS] Death by bug

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Sun Jul 11 19:04:53 AEST 2021

Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Given some devices are present in large numbers for many years in
> hospitals, and there's a lot of hospitals, an unnoticed bug could be
> steadily chipping away at its human overlords.

This is why I have purposely stayed away from jobs at companies doing
stuff like this. I know I don't write perfect code; I don't want to
be responsible for devices that can affect human life.  This is also
discussed in the new edition of "The Pragmatic Programmer", which I've
just finished reading. (Highly recommended.)

Arnold