[TUHS] 32V memory management: not quite V7 style swapping -- source code update

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Jun 7 04:53:22 AEST 2021

4.2 and cheap LAN connections and later WAN connections drove the hockey
stick - no doubt and your are right, until the Stream networking work
(which was originally Steve Rago and the folks in Summit, IIRC), PWB 3/PWB
4.0 and later the commercially System V was definitely at a huge
disadvantage and even when the Streams networking code shows us, the
performance was not nearly as good plus by that time, all the code had
started to assume sockets (and sockets had been ported to DOS), so Streams
was still born.
ᐧ