[TUHS] Bugs, Bööge and Bogeymen (was: 70th anniversary of (official) programming errors)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sun Jun 20 02:36:18 AEST 2021

Niklas Karlsson wrote in
 <CAK6BEgd1rRUqMh_k69tPZ6Av=e3DHJ7jd_Zn_GKpzqh0M=7K-A at mail.gmail.com>:
 |Den lör 19 juni 2021 kl 17:48 skrev Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |
 |> So *i* could *imagine* Norwegians pronounce their "bøg" and Svedes
 |> pronounce their "Bög" maybe a bit like "Bock", short and tough.
 |> Bo-ck, not Booo-ck (english: not buuuu-ck, o!=u), or so.
 |> The German "Bock" is a "Ram", the "Böckchen" its minimization
 |> (often not advisable!), and ramification of a Ram is often seen as
 |> desirable (wham! bam! thank you ma'am!, though that false jobsite,
 |> in this case).
 |
 |No, not really. It's a long "ö" and the g is a g, not a k/ck. (Not as sure
 |of the Norwegian term,
 |but if I had to guess I'd say the same there.

I should have known that.
I had a tremendous Sverige experience in my childhood (despite the
football world championship 1958 of course, bad that not so good).
It is even online at [1], a Friese (Friesian) going; starting at
second ~60 there is Italian, Japanese, French, and then Swedish
around second 77.

   [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPoiL4UF__0

Thank you.
Ciao from Germany, and a nice Sunday i wish.

--steffen