[TUHS] Disassemblers

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sun Jun 20 04:40:12 AEST 2021

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 2:25 PM Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

> 'adb' is quite late. We had it on the PWB1 (V6 enhanced, basically) system
> at
> MIT, so its roots lie before V7.

Yeah, it's in the PWB1 source tree.  FWIW: Bourne wrote it ( and it is
written in his unique 'BourneGOL' C macro dialect)  which (I think) makes
it a PITA to modify.  Later UCB versions for the Vax removed Steve's
macros.   So it has some sorts of roots in Research, and most of the world
did not get to see it until V7 appeared.

> (Every time I run across people who think V7 is early, I go into 'get off
> my lawn' mode.)

Amen.
ᐧ
ᐧ