[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 02:52:30 AEST 2021

OK. So, I've been trying to decide (for the last time, I swear) whether
to use tabs or spaces in my code... I did a quick pulse-check on the
state of argument and it appears to be alive and well in 2021. My
question for y'all is, was there a preference in the very early days or
not? I saw an article talking about the 20 year feud, but that's not my
recollection. In 1994, nobody agreed on this, but I'm sure it predates
my entree into the field. I'm thinking the history of entab and detab
are somehow related, but I've been wrong on these sorts of thoughts
before. What say you?

Will