[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Fri Mar 5 11:21:07 AEST 2021

On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 11:09:16AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> People mostly hated me mucking around with their code. I can't blame
> them. It would be horrid to live in a really nicely laid out world in
> either tab or space-land and have a hooligan come and scribble over
> your art with a texta.

I'm with ya there.  I *hate* GNU coding style, just hate it.  But when
I submit a patch, it is in whatever style the code had.  I've run into
people that don't do that, and in 95% or more of the cases, their patches
don't get in.  If they are important, the maintainer applys the patch,
fixes the style, and then commits.

My opinion does not trump the source base.  Source base wins.  It's just
being polite.