[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Fri Mar 5 11:41:45 AEST 2021

Easy.  Tabs for scope, spaces for everything else - with the later kept
to a minimum.  That eliminates the spaces per tab part of the
discussion.

For example if a printf is nested in scope, all lines of the same scope
should have the same number of tabs per line.  The continuation of text
for printf arguments on a second line should have the same number of
leading tabs as the printf - then spaces to align the second line where
you want it.

There should never be any tabs past the initial run at the start of the
line. No exceptions!

Anyone using spaces to align anything else in the code should be drug in
front of a firing line and shot.  Anyone using ****** ###### /////// or
any other runs of characters in code should be drug in front of a firing
line and shot.

My $.02

-A