[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

Brantley Coile brantley at coraid.com
Sun Mar 7 19:16:33 AEST 2021

I'm pretty sure people knew the value of PI before 1611, when the
Authorized Version was published, and that people had a pretty good
idea when the event described in 1 Kings 7 happened, a bit
before 900 BC.  They used 3.1605 for the ratio in that time, I believe.

The values in the Bible are as one would explain to someone in conversation
about something else.  If I said something was 10 feet across and 30 feet around
in normal conversation, an error of a foot and a half would be close
enough.  When buying material, I use 4 as PI and trim to fit.

Brantley.