[TUHS] manual humour (was tunefs -m 5%)

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:57:55 AEST 2021

On 3/10/21 9:54 PM, George Michaelson wrote:
> I Still use ed periodically.  Less often, but sometimes.

Thanks for reflecting on ed. It was interesting to hear your
perspective. I love ed. I was only introduced to it a little over 6
years or so ago, but it's a beautiful thing. Of course, I use vi as my
command line editor of choice :), but that doesn't diminish my enjoyment
of using ed. I'm just way more comfortable in vi/vim. Interestingly,
when I first learned there was such a thing as ed, I just figured it was
unix's version of edlin, thankfully this wasn't even close to reality.
Ed's regex support seems to be very straightforward yet quite powerful,
and the small command set makes it simple to remember.

- will