[TUHS] manual humour (was tunefs -m 5%)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Mar 12 12:48:17 AEST 2021

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 5:31 PM Rob Pike <robpike at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm curious when people (other than me) erred and stopped saying that ed
> was the standard editor.

They haven't.  When a vi vs. Emacs (vel sim.) argument is swirling around
me, I explain that ex(1) is the editor I use.  People say "But ed(1) is the
standard editor!"  To which I reply, "Yes, but I'm willing to trade a
little standardosity for a little convenience."

I Hope, Sir, that we are not mutually Un-friended by this Difference
which hath happened betwixt us.
     --Thomas Fuller, Appeal of Injured Innocence (1659)