[TUHS] tabs vs spaces - entab, detab

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Mar 15 13:02:58 AEST 2021

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 5:06 PM Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> *And then a few weeks later I had a user population of about a dozen, most
> of them friends, and I didn't want to screw up my embedded base. The rest,
> sadly, is history.*
> *— Stuart Feldman*

Consequently, when he arrived at Google for his new job there, he was
initially supplied with a keyboard from which the Tab key had been removed
(at least according to various Googlers while I was there).

The experiences of the past show that there has always been a discrepancy
between plans and performance.        --Emperor Hirohito, August 1945

ᐧ