[TUHS] Surprised about Unix System V in the 80's - so sparse!

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:57:31 AEST 2021

Just because it didn't have TCP/IP doesn't mean it couldn't send mail to
other sites.  UUCP was used for batched file transfer over serial lines,
such as dialup modems.  There was not generally _real-time interactive_
network stuff done with other sites, but there was plenty of
store-and-forward goodness.  Which is probably what Chapter 5 is about.

Adam