[TUHS] Micnet Was: Re: Surprised about Unix System V in the 80's - so sparse!

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Sun Mar 21 11:42:50 AEST 2021

SCO is still around in some form.  I believe it’s mostly just a support
offering.  They converged on two products in the ‘90s:  OpenServer (SVR3)
and UnixWare (SVR4).  It seems like most people preferred or were stuck on
OpenServer while UnixWare would have eventually been a nicer system but I
don’t know first hand.  They also shipped a version of FreeBSD 10
commercially a handful of years ago.