[TUHS] Two anecdotes

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 20:12:30 AEST 2021

Hi,

Alan wrote:
> Apparently [Ken] was very good at observing keystrokes.

A couple of decades ago, back when I used to work in offices with other
people, I got quite proficient at ‘reading’ their typing when viewing
the keyboard upside down, i.e. I was the other side of their desk.
It's not too hard if they're typing natural-language words and phrases
with the odd digit tacked on especially if one doesn't focus on each
individual keystroke but the pattern of presses.  And it's easy to
practice on lots of typing where security isn't important.

--
Cheers, Ralph.