[TUHS] PL/I stuff - was: Book Recommendation

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Nov 26 00:47:30 AEST 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM George Michaelson <ggm at algebras.org> wrote:

> I have a relative who is an archivist, the sister-discipline to librarians
>
> Anyway, She tells me that the primary role of archivists is to help people
> throw things away.

George, thank you for the smile both for me and my wife.

I am married to a former public director - *a.k.a.* a librarian with the
formal degrees to prove it ;-).  She always says weeding the collection is
the most important part of the job.  The key is knowing what you can
toss, what is being used.  For any library, there is* never a enough space
to keep everything, but the problem is you can never fully know what will
be valuable in the future.*

Anyway, she has been on my case for probably 20 years to 'weed' my
collection of things.  A basement flood thanks to Hurricane Elsa this
spring has finally forced it.

Thanks again,
Clem