[TUHS] Unix NCP protocol stack for ARPANET

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Oct 25 02:16:33 AEST 2021

Hello,

I'm working on setting up an emulated ARPANET using the original IMP
software recovered some years ago.  It turns out, the greatest challenge
is finding the NCP software on the host side that implements the ARPANET
protocols.  I have searched the TUHS archive and elsewhere, but all I
find for Unix is a copy of the PDP-11 Unix V6 NCP from Illinois.

Has any other NCP implementation for Unix survived?  From old host
tables I think there may have been some VAXen online before the switch
to TCP/IP.

Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff