[TUHS] Anyone have a modem wired up?

Dr Iain Maoileoin iain at csp-partnership.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 02:51:09 AEST 2021

On 10/24/21 4:36 PM, Dan Cross wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 7:50 PM John Floren <john at jfloren.net
> <mailto:john at jfloren.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm experimenting with my PiDP-11; I think I may have my modem set
>     up properly to accept incoming calls, but with only one phone line
>     I'm unable to test it. If anyone with a modem is willing to help
>     me test, send me a message off-list and I'll give you my phone
>     number & some login details.
>

> I'd be less surprised by folks having modems (which seem like the kind
> of thing that gets tossed into a box and forgotten about for a few
> decades until eventually uncovered by a bout of decluttering) and more
> surprised by people having suitable phone lines to use them.
>
>         - Dan C.

You should live in rural Scotland Sir.

Broadband is NEX in places - for example where I live.  512K download
(max) more normally 380K!  Forget FTTC or FTTP - I have CTTM - tandard
old-fashioned Copper to the Modem.

I still need to use a 19.2K modem when the going gets tough.

If you want to try an AA modem number I can send you it - but it is
Scottish (UK) based.

If you contact me off-list I can try tomorrow.

Iain