[TUHS] ATC/OSDI'21 joint keynote: It's Time for Operating Systems to Rediscover Hardware (Timothy Roscoe)

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Sep 17 10:06:01 AEST 2021

On 9/16/21 4:45 PM, Jon Steinhart wrote:
> A conundrum for me is that
> this stuff that "they understand" is in my opinion way more complicated
> than understanding computer hardware and/or an operating system.

When a young'un says something like this to snapshot the data in a structure,
I'm convinced my title at CHM should be "20th Century Software Curator" because it
took me an hour to figure out what that sentence even meant.

"You specialize some template for the structures you want to be able to save, and use a concept for a visitor to register members."