[TUHS] Unix for PDP11/20 w/o mmu or paging option

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Sep 18 06:47:40 AEST 2021

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 4:19 PM Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>    I got the impression that the KS11 was more a 'base and bounds' kind of
> thing.

Ditto.  I was under the impression it was modeled after the KA10 scheme.  I
don't remember who told me that, probably somebody from CSS, but I have no
idea whom.  As I think you remember when you asked about it a while ago, I
sent some probes to a few of folks from the 11 group but all of them
disavowed any knowledge of it.

One of the questions I always had was since M[TF]P[IDS] instructions were
not created until the 40 and 45 class processors, how did Ken get the
information to/fr the other address space.   I >>think<< the KT has a funky
memory window (that I never really looked into in any detail), I assume
the KS must have done something similar.
ᐧ