[TUHS] Sad News - we last two wonderful people in the past few weeks.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 20:46:13 AEST 2022

Hi,

Andrew Hume wrote:
> i do remember the DEC engineers being bothered about replacing the
> registers.

There's nothing at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(video_game_genre)#Lunar_Lander_(1973)
about the switch registers being worn by playing Burness's Moonlander.
What's the connection?

There are a couple of links from that section to interesting pages with
quotes from Burness,
    https://www.acriticalhit.com/moonlander-one-giant-leap-for-game-design
    https://www.technologizer.com/2009/07/19/lunar-lander/
which include a photo that's captioned as Burness and Moonlander from
circa '74:
    https://www.acriticalhit.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/unnamed-LG-2.png

--
Cheers, Ralph.