[TUHS] origin of null-terminated strings

Tom Lyon pugs78 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 02:22:22 AEST 2022

Re: getting a 360 - IBM and AT&T really hated each other, so 360s were
avoided for strategic reasons. That said, they could not be practically
avoided; Holmdel had a large installation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMYiktO0D64&ab_channel=AT%26TTechChannel

When Amdahl and UTS/UNIX came along, the Bell System was by far the biggest
customer.