[TUHS] Clever code (was Re: Re: Stdin Redirect in Cu History/Alternatives?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:47:44 AEST 2022

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 16:08, Stuff Received <stuff at riddermarkfarm.ca> wrote:

> The BB10 i/f was designed by TAT
> (https://www.engadget.com/2010-12-02-rim-buys-tat-blackberry-ui-in-danger-of-becoming-awesome.html).

Oh, fascinating. I did not know that -- thank you!

> > I owned a Blackberry Passport. A lovely device with a lovely OS... but
> > too late and it flopped.
>
> Quite so.

One of the slightly stranger things in the smartphone OS space
recently, for me, has been watching Huawei's response to the licensing
fight with Google.

Huawei now promotes its devices as running "Harmony OS" with a lot of
hot air about microkernels, convergence, cross-platform, blah blah.

It's nothing of the kind. It's AOSP, the open-source core of Android,
with their own skin on top.

I don't think Huawei has the tech skills to build a new OS as it's
claimed it has...

But it could make some of those claims come true if it licensed BB10
and spent a bit on updating it.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053