[TUHS] UNIX on (not quite bare) System/370

Charles H Sauer (he/him) sauer at technologists.com
Tue Dec 20 08:52:12 AEST 2022

Locus Computing Corporation had a substantial Unix on 370 effort in the
1980s.

My impression/understanding was that the LCC kernel was derived from
4.1BSD and close to the metal when running on the 370.

The LCC work became AIX/370 & AIX PS/2 with the Locus distributed system
technology named TCF (transparent computing facility).

As far as I know, the LCC work that became AIX/370 was the only version
of Unix for the 370 officially supported by IBM.

voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer at technologists.com
fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
Facebook/Google/Twitter: CharlesHSauer