[TUHS] UNIX on (not quite bare) System/370

Andrew Hume andrew at humeweb.com
Fri Dec 23 05:00:00 AEST 2022

i used to work for ianj (his login), and in fact, he persuaded bell labs to hire me from australia.
he had been my boss at the australian graduate school of management.
i think jon lions induced bell labs to interview ian for a job.
ian has retired and lives in rural victoria (australia), i think.
i occasionally have an alumni zoom conference with him.

ian caused a kerfuffle with bell labs. he was so good at his job that bell labs
wanted to promote him to supervisor but at the time, he
was still on a visitor (j-1) visa.