[TUHS] ratfor vibe

silas poulson silas8642 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 03:02:12 AEST 2022

> On 1 Feb 2022, at 15:52, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
> I never bothered so your recommendation makes me wonder what I missed.

Whilst I haven’t read the original, believe Kernighan and Plauger
state in preface that Pascal enabled recursive algorithms to be
written in their natural manner.

Don’t believe Fortran has record or set datatypes and imagine those
enabled code improvements between the Ratfor and the Pascal

> I did read Kernighan's ‘not my favourite’ and took from that I
> wouldn't enjoy the Pascal book given I'd read the original.

Not quite sure reading both editions of the book but would definitely
recommend examining the code which Arnold states is available on the
TUHS archive.

Silas