[TUHS] BSD 4.1, 4.1x, Quasijarus, and 4.3x

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:30:54 AEST 2022

On 2/1/22 4:18 PM, Dan Cross wrote:
> snip...
>
> For the fifth time today this reminded me that I wanted to find my
> images from Kirk's CD collection and move them over to another
> machine. Sigh.
>
>         - Dan C.

Having the CD's handy is very handy :) I usually mount the iso and build
pdfs of the docs I'm interested, in or view source code or whatever:

    hdiutil mount "~/_workarea/_retro-resources/bits/csrg/The CSRG
    Archives CD-ROM 1 (August 1998) (Marshall Kirk McKusick).ISO"
    cd /Volumes/CDROM/4.2/usr/doc/setup
    eqn *.t | tbl | groff -Tps -ms > ~/Desktop/setup.ps
    ps2pdf ~/Desktop/setup.ps
    open ~/Desktop/setup.pdf

I bought my copy back when from:

https://www.mckusick.com/csrg/index.html

Now they're conveniently hosted on archive.org. Here's the first cd as
downloadable iso:
https://archive.org/details/The_CSRG_Archives_CD-ROM_1_August_1998_Marshall_Kirk_McKusick

Kirk's fine with them being hosted there, by the way. But, having the
actual CD's are great in case of the apocalypse :).

Will