[TUHS] more about Brian... [ really GC vs malloc/free languages ]

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Mon Feb 7 05:27:10 AEST 2022

Oh, one more thing.  It was kind of implied in my earlier post, but
a big concern is when domain-specific programmers cross over into a
different domain but think that the rules from the domain with which
they're familiar apply.  For example, I wouldn't want someone from a
GC domain messing with an OS kernel without learning about memory and
memory management.  Stuff has to interoperate in a way that an insecure
talking toaster doesn't.  I probably have the quote completely wrong,
but Dan Healy, sound man for The Grateful Dead an inventor of much of
modern concert hall sound technology said something like "Bozos are
fine people and fun to be around but that doesn't mean that I would
let one near my soundboard with a pair of diagonal pliers."

Jon