[TUHS] Lorinda Cherry

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Feb 17 08:56:35 AEST 2022

And before that, Fortran compilers were known to recognize Whetstone.
Mashey did his wonder talk called 'Lies, Damn Lies and Benchmarks' in the
mid-80s which begat the SPEC suite.  Wasn't perfect but it did help.
 Marketing people in particular like to grab a single number for 'goodness'
just to try to show mine is better than yours (my current disgust has been
the clock rate of the processors which sadly, my employer was one of the
worst in using as a figure of merit).