[TUHS] 7th Edition C Reference Manual and UNIX Programming - First Edition

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 04:13:07 AEST 2022

All,

1. I have a physical copy of the V7 UPM published by Holt, Rinehart and
Winston (HRW) from 1983 (2 volume phone book). In it, there is a C
Reference Manual (pp. 247-277, reprinted with minor changes from the
first C book by K&R and including a Recent Changes to C addendum). I
also have a PDF that was supposedly created from sources that has a C
Reference Manual in it, but, in /usr/doc/cman, there's an inscription
that reads, "Sorry, but for copyright  reasons,  the  source  for  the
C Reference Manual is not distributed." and the one in the pdf appears
to be identical to the one in the V6 UPM (which I have a print-on-demand
version of). Are the *roff sources (or a clean PDF) available for the
reprint? I have located a PDF copy of the HRW edition, but it's got the
usual deficiencies of being a scanned copy.

2. In same manual, there is an article entitled, UNIX Programming --
Second Edition by K&R. Where is the first edition located? It isn't in
the V6 UPM.

Regards,

Will