[TUHS] Lorinda Cherry

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Feb 18 07:18:03 AEST 2022

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo via TUHS wrote:

> Watching the prime number generator (from the Wikipedia page on dc)
> running on the 11/23 is much more entertaining than doing it on the
> modern workstation I'm typing this on:
>
> 2p3p[dl!d2+s!%0=@l!l^!<#]s#[s/0ds^]s@[p]s&[ddvs^3s!l#x0<&2+l.x]ds.x

Wow...  About 10s on my old MacBook Pro, and I gave up on my ancient
FreeBSD box.

> Incidentally, the Wikipedia page only lists Robert Morris as author of
> dc.  If anyone here is able to edit Wikipedia, now would be a good time
> to get Lorinda Cherry's name on there, too.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia; if you're an editor then you have your name
shown instead of your IP address (and someone ought to fix that stupid
"cat file | cmd" construct as well), but beware of the edit-nazis who seem
to think that they "own" something that is factually wrong and keep
changing it back to suit their own cultural views e.g. Kokoda Track vs.
Trail.

-- Dave