[TUHS] Lions v6 source code pdf

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 06:14:47 AEST 2022

All,

I got sick of poring over my Peer-to-Peer communications version of
Lion's commentary - trying to read it while digging around in v6 was
getting annoying. Of course, if you don't already own, rush out and by a
copy. It's great stuff. Anyhow, the problem is that it's perfect bound,
landscape and it's not searchable. Hunting around the internet, I found
pdfs that were searchable, but they were based on v7 being
back-engineered to v6 code. So, I located a decent source of
electronically readable Lion's source at
https://warsus.github.io/lions-/ and off I went. I took the code and did
a bit (quite a bit) of tweakage on it to get it formatted in pdf, and
created a version in letter format that I find pretty useful. It can be
read from a printout while messing around in v6. I've done some
proofing, but I don't claim it's perfect. If you find any issues with
it, let me know and I'll try to fix them (thanks, Clem for early
suggestions).

Here's what's in the letter sized pdf:

Tweaked Cover Page
Improved Table of Contents
Lion's version of V6 Source Code
Appendices
     Source File Sheets Alphabetical List
     Source File Locations in Running V6 System

What isn't in the pdf:
Original Forewords, Prefaces, or Letters (not needed for coding)

Symbol Lists, Cross references, or Indexes (beyond my skills at the moment)

All in all, I have found it quite readable and useful for my own work. I
don't claim any ownership or contribution, other than in improving the
readability of the work for modern readers. If the cross reference thing
kills you, just use gnu ctags on the source directories and ctags -x for
the line numbers.

Here's the link to the posting:

http://decuser.blogspot.com/2022/02/tweaked-version-of-lions-v6-source-code.html

- will