[TUHS] vi on v7

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Thu Jan 6 03:34:52 AEST 2022

Will Senn wrote:
> so then I tryed vt50 and vt52 modes...

xterm should have VT52 emulation, at least the man page on my system says:
>        o   VT52 emulation is complete.

But looking at CTRL+{LEFT,MIDDLE,RIGHT}_CLICK menus didn't show a toggle.

The VT100 sequence to enter VT52 mode seems to be <ESC>[?2l
you should be able to send it with echo.

Then <ESC>H<ESC>J should clear the screen.

NOTE! The ANSI command prefix <ESC>[ will put a real VT52 into "hold
screen" mode where you need to press some (scroll?) button to allow
new lines to be added at the bottom of the screen.  Ask me how I know!

phil