[TUHS] Demise of TeX and groff (was: roff(7))

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Wed Jan 12 06:41:37 AEST 2022

Larry McVoy writes:
> I wrote the GUIs for BitKeeper, I could absolutely give you exactly
> what you want.  Really, what you are describing is our code review
> system which could done done completely in a web browser but if you
> needed to hack on things, you cloned it and hacked on it and pushed.

You were looking for a retirement project if I remember correctly.
While it's probably out of scope for this mailing list, I would be
interested in how you would handle things like an editor proposing
a change that would involve not just word changes, but formatting.
A non-roffer would need to have some way to show those changes and
to have them pushed back into the appropriate requests and reformatted.