[TUHS] TeX and groff (was: roff(7))

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:26:21 AEST 2022

Knuth made an excellent point, maybe in _Coders At Work_ about literate
programming and why it didn't catch on: in general, about 1 out of 20
people can be a really good programmer.  In general, one of 20 people can
be a really good writer.  These talents are largely uncorrelated.

Sure, being competent at either is a teachable skill.  But no one wants to
read either a program or a narrative written by someone who's merely OK at
it.

Adam