[TUHS] FYI: Internet Old Farts Club

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:10:42 AEST 2022

On 1/29/22 7:20 PM, Adam Thornton wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 7:37 PM Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
>
>      I can only speak for myself but hell will freeze over
>     before I have a Facebook account
>

> In this instance you're speaking for me too.
FB and I went round and round in 2018 when I opened an account and they
disabled it that same day and demanded verification of my identity. They
were never willing/able to enable the account for more than a few hours,
even after I got the Better Business Bureau involved. The only single
piece of content I ever posted to the account was a background image (a
pic I took in Fort Collins, Colorado of a mountainside). After BBB got
involved, they would enable the account (after I provided ID
verification), only to disable it again after a few hours. This went on
for about 5 months (I was tenancious and curious to see if it could ever
be resolved). Eventually, I got bored and tired of going back and forth
with BBB and the faceless monstrosity that FB is. An intelligence buddy
of mine said it was all for the better anyway... I'm on the hell
freezing over side of things :).