[TUHS] Unix V8 Chaosnet, any takers?

Grant Taylor via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Fri Jul 15 10:33:28 AEST 2022

On 7/14/22 2:39 PM, Ron Natalie wrote:
> It can do subnets, but it can’t deal with long haul (over the greater
> internet) time delays.

I wonder if there is an opportunity for something that pretends to be
the remote side locally, sends the data via some other
non-latency-sensitive protocol to a counter part where the counter part
pretends to be the near side.

Local         /
              /
[A]----[B]==/==[C]---[D]
            /
           /       Remote

Where ---- is Chaosnet over a short distance and ==/== is something else
over a long distance.  B would pretend to be D so that A could talk to
D' in a timely manner and conversely C would pretend to be A so that A'
could talk to D in a timely manner.

I've seen such spoofing / emulation in other protocols.  Maybe the prior
art can work for Chaosnet.

P.S. Hopefully my ASCII art will survive the trip.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die