[TUHS] ed: multiple addresses (with semicolons)

markus schnalke meillo at marmaro.de
Mon Jul 18 20:52:01 AEST 2022

Hoi.

[2022-07-11 19:30] Douglas McIlroy <douglas.mcilroy at dartmouth.edu>

> > More was I curious about the documentation of address chains in books.
>
> It was even discussed in Lomutu and Lomuto, "A Unix Primer", a pleasant
> book whose level is accurately described in the title.

Thanks for the recommendation of this book. I now have a copy and
am looking forward to reading it. It must have been a great book
for users at the time (mainly covers editing and formatting) and
now it looks to be a great book for someone interested in
understanding how the experience of using Unix must have been to
normal users back then.

Although the semicolon address separator is explained in section
10.2.1 (page 143), I couldn't find address chains or supplying
more addresses than necessary to commands mentioned in the book.
Of course, as I haven't fully read it yet, I could have missed it,
although I checked the relevant pages.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with this new (old) book, which I luckily
received in nearly mint condition. :-)

meillo